Friday, August 3, 2007

Major League Baseball 2K7


Ich-i-rooo!! I viewed the trailer to MLB 2K7 a few weeks ago and was blown away. The attention to detail in this sports title was trippin me out, especially since I have never been a fan of baseball video games. I find them boring and plus I suck at them. Strangely enough after the trailer was released, I was instantly excited to play this game not believing that it could look as good as my eyes were telling me. Well I just got through a few sessions of the demo on the 360 and I actually had fun! Maybe it was because the animations were superb, character models mostly spot on, the replays/camera angles were amazing, or the commentary by Joe Morgan and Jon Miller was actually bearable. I cannot remember the last MLB game I played, it might have been an EA title around 2003. There is the possibility that I have been out of the MLB gaming scene for so long that I have not seen this coming, but MLB 2K7 over-shot my expectations by 430 yards to center-right field. Playing this game really feels like you are on the field with the players which is what I think should be the main goal of a sports title. I didn't get all the controls down but basic batting and pitching was fun and actually kept my attention for once. The demo sets you in the final three innings of last years NLCS game between St. Louis and NYM. Maybe all this glee is because I had a two out, two run homer in the bottom of the ninth to win the game as the Mets. Oh yeah, and I called it. Shea Stadium went ballistic!!

No comments: